RudeDudes Travels

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Today is the Day! We Move to Korea!

Packing our Home

Mr. Rudes thoughts:

Packing the Glen
Today is the day! It’s time again for the Rudes to move! So far we have managed to move on average once per year from the time we have been married. This move is by far the furthest, smallest and most difficult out of the past four. Packing the house was a breeze - except for the moving of large furniture, (A huge thanks to Mr. Wooldridge for helping us out!) - and most of our belongings are in storage.

Mrs. Rude and I will be packing everything we need for the next year in our five suitcases and two carry-ons. At first it sounded like plenty of space…. Then I packed my shoes and pants alone and quickly realized this would be a challenge!
Before- Empty and clean!







Mrs. Rudes thoughts:
The funniest part about moving this round was how many trips we made.  Normally you make one big trip where you move everything in one day.  This time we had almost a month and a half after I had finished my masters program and the date we wanted to move out.  We ended up loading up our car with random things every time we made a trip to my parent’s house (close to our storage unit).   

The best part about moving is purging.  We sorted though SO much of our stuff.  It is amazing that even after settling in one place just for two years we had almost 5 trips worth of goodwill stuff.  Then we donated foodstuff to the local church.  (On a gross note, we did find some gum that expired in 2010. EW!)



After!
The Glen is all Empty and Clean


I still have not done my final packing of my suitcases.  Am I really going to be able to get all of it into two suitcases?  I will keep you posted.  Wish me luck!


The Rudes


No comments:

Post a Comment